Thursday, January 10, 2013

Resolutions

2012 was a wonderful year for me.  I could have never resolved to change my life so dramatically.  I feel like luck has smiled on me and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time and in the right place in my heart and in my mind to be open to change--the kind of change that turned my life upside down and show me what true happiness is.


So what's left to resolve?  Actually, plenty.  I have always felt that part of leading a full and happy life is to never become complacent--to always strive for personal growth.  So...after much procrastination I am finally getting to my list of resolutions.

1.  I resolve to lose (more) weight and get fit(ter).
     ~I've reached my first and second weight goals.  My third and final goal is to lose 15 more pounds.  One would think that if I've lost 55 pounds already, that 15 more would be a breeze, but 'tis not the case my friends.  These last few pounds are holding on for dear life and aren't going to give up without a fight, apparently.  But they haven't faced an opponent like me.

Oh wait...yeah, they have.  Hmmm....

Anyway, my goal is to shed these last few pounds and get a bit more toned, especially considering we have summer boating plans in the near future.  Not sure if I can get away with swimming in a turtleneck. *Gulp*

2.  I resolve to be more positive.


I've actually been working on this one for a long time as well, but there is always room for improvement.  I am making a concerted effort to change negative thoughts into positive ones.

For example, when I had to stay late at work today, I didn't think, "I have been here since 6am Oh. My. God. I WANT TO GO HOME."  Instead, I thought "Oh good, I'm glad to have the hours while I can get them and before school starts."  In this case the silver lining wasn't difficult to find, but I do know the more I practice at finding it, the better I will get at turning lemons into lemonade...or lemoncello, which is even better!

3.  I resolve to be the best wife and step-mom ever.


This one isn't hard to decide to do, and I would certainly be committed to being the best wife and step-mom anyway, resolutions or not, but it is so important to me to be the kind of person those I love most deserve, to never take them for granted, and to always be there for them.

4.  I resolve to make a couple bucks.


Not exactly what I meant.  

Actually, this is not about money at all.  It's about bucking the status quo, so to speak.  My life has changed so much because I was willing to swallow my fear and head into the unknown.  I want to continue to face my fears and take on new challenges as they present themselves.  

5.  I resolve to enjoy the little things.


Yeah, something like that.

Resolved to evolve,
~J

No comments: