Saturday, January 12, 2013

Temple Canyon

Only a couple of miles from our house is a vast network of trails known as Temple Canyon.  Last weekend Clint, Sophie, and I decided to go check it out.


We planned on going a couple of miles.  Two miles quickly turned into four plus with this kind of scenery!


We had to walk across several frozen streams.  I kept saying "light as a feather, light as a feather" and I didn't fall in.  I told Clint, "I must be magical."  His reply was, "Honey, you walk on ice, not on water."

Smart alec.


A little ways into our hike Sophie found a very cool little animal cave.



She was bound and determined there was something in there.


It wasn't long before a bone flew out from the dust.  Looks like a humerus   Clint said it was human, albeit a small human.



He can be humorous himself sometimes.

After all that digging, Sophie needed a drink, but she was too chicken to get too close to the hole in the ice, so Clint helped her out.


He can be really sweet sometimes, too.

The rock formations in Temple Canyon were amazing.


The ice formations were pretty neat, too!


The trail goes on for miles.  There is so much more to explore.  It would be amazing on horseback!


Eventually our trail led to a beaver dam with a view.


We plan on going back to Temple Canyon when the weather warms.  It was such a serene and adventuresome afternoon.  It was inspirational....


"...lovely, dark, and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep."

"Frost"ed by nature,
~J

No comments: